Monday, August 29, 2016

Student Success Statement #1


Decisions
"Decisions Determine Destiny"-Thomas S. Monson


  The statement "Decisions Determine Destiny" try's to explain that the choices you make effect the out come. Such as for me if I decide to smoke or drink and my coach finds out I will be kicked out of Volleyball. Or another example can be if I don't show up to practice then i won't be able to improve my skills or work on the skills I lack. As for other students if they decide not to do classwork/homework then they won't be able to get a good grade in that class. They might also have to retake that class and possibly might now graduate at the same time as their friends. This statement doesn't only apply to high school students but adults as well. For instance, if a adult decides to steal and he/she gets caught then he/she will have to face the repercussions such as jail time. Another example can be if a person decides to party all night thinking it doesn't matter then he/she wakes up late and goes late to work than he/she will probably get a warning. If this person keeps repeating the same thing over and over again then probably that person will get fired. This person will probably not be able to pay the bills anymore.

1 comment: