Monday, May 1, 2017

Student Success Statement

"I have been asked what I mean by "Word of honor" I will tell you: Place me behind prison walls-walls of stone, ever so high, ever so thick, reaching ever so far into the ground-there is a possibility that in some way or another I might be able to escape: but stand me on the floor and draw a chalk line around me and have me give my word of honor never to cross it. Can I get out of that circle? No, never I'd die first."-Karl G. Maeser 
 
The statement explains that no matter what may be the consequences or if you are dying one will never break their word of honor. No matter what its is that person will never break his word of honor even if it kills them. This should be a something everyone should do. For example if you give your word of honor to your group that you will do your part, you should do it. First of all because you said you would do it and since you didn’t do your part your group will get a lower grade. This not only applies to school but also to everyday life. Such as id you make a promise to a friend or family member you must keep it.

No comments:

Post a Comment